At Holy Cross Primary, our staff share in an understanding about assessment that reflects a belief that all students can learn.
Our staff believes that assessment:
- is embedded in the learning and teaching process
- involves setting learning goals for and with students
- assists students to know and recognise the standards they are aiming for
- involves students in self assessment and peer assessment
- provides feedback that helps students understand the next steps in their learning and a plan of how to achieve them
- involves teachers, students and parents reflecting on assessment data
- R. Anthony, T. Johnson, et al.)
- Assessment is the process of gathering evidence of what a child can do.
- Evaluation is the process of interpreting that evidence and making judgement and decisions based on that evidence.
- Reporting is the communication of a child’s progress.
It is vital that there is regular communication - both formal and informal - about a student’s progress, with opportunities being afforded to parents to provide the teacher with observations and insights about their child. We believe that the following assessment, evaluation and reporting policy is in line with our educational framework, allowing all concerned to have input into the process.
Come and see learning in action at Holy Cross Glenwood!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people in our school. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each child do his or her best.What We Offer How to Enrol Contact Us